I faced a weird issue. I added 5x identical brand new consumer grade SSDs to my DL380P, and inside Proxmox disk manager, they all showed up as having Serial#s as 0s, see below.
Upon looking further, it appeared that Proxmox is using
udevadm info -q all -n /dev/sda|grep SERIAL
The correct serial number is shown in
I looked around on Proxmox forums, and found that someone had reported a similar issue here: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/disk-serialnumber-in-pve-host-disk.122251/
There was a solution recommended by one of the staff members, but had a small error in the code. I fixed the error, and implemented the code.
After this confirmed that Proxmox is showing correct Serial#s for these drives.
I reported the results to the forum. See my response here: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/disk-serialnumber-in-pve-host-disk.122251/#post-620855