Okra is one of my favorite vegetables and I love it Indian style.
The Indian style Okra is a staple at my parents house. This tasty dish is fairly easy to make and can be eaten at any meal including breakfast.
Traditionally, Okra will be eaten with handmade Roti with or without ghee (I prefer with Ghee). In my case below, I used ready to eat Naan.
Okra is one of those versatile dishes that can be made in a variety of ways. You can cut them in any shape or form, but typically two cuts are common: along the length and split (like shown in picture below), or slice into even pieces.
These instructions were written after the fact so they are not precise.
- Obtain Okra in the desired quantity
- Cut the tip of the ends and throw them away
- Then, cut Okra along the length short of a Julienne cut
- Heat up a pan with oil
- Add turmeric, salt coriander powder, cumin powder
- Add cut Okra and mix everything
- Let Okra cook somewhere between Medium and High heat
- Keep stirring from time to time
- When it’s done, it will soften up considerable and also change color to darker green
Eat with Naan or handmade Indian Roti. Put some ghee on the bread for extra flavor.